Some common computer problems and solutions:
- Computer black screen.
Solution: You have to check the data cable of different devices of the computer. If not, all connections should be checked. If the solution is still not found then the storage device is damaged or not connected.
- As soon as you turn on the computer, some text will come and restart.
Solution: The main problem is – RAM. If the RAM is not working properly, if there is no adjustment of the bus speed, in this case, it will restart repeatedly or the computer will turn on and hang. For this, you need to change the RAM.
- The computer’s Windows is not opening. The error message arrives before the desktop arrives.
Solution: Windows needs to be set up a new or Windows needs to be repaired.
- When you open any program, the computer restarts, the configuration or control panel cannot be opened and the same folder is created within the same folder.
Solution: The problem is entirely due to the virus. For this, you need to use a good antivirus. If not solved, you have to give a new Windows setup.
- Windows on the computer are not opening. Restart before the desktop arrives.
Solution: The main problem – for some reason the operating system is missing a file. For this, you need to set up a new operating system or repair the operating system.
- The computer’s display is not opening, when you turn on the power the monitor flickers or the power comes but nothing can be seen.
Solution: The main problem may be – the AGP card, if you do not have an AGP card, the built-in AGP port of the motherboard. If you have an AGP card then you have to check it by inserting it into another PC first. If the AGP card is good, then you have to open the RAM and test it by connecting it to another PC, there will be a problem with the RAM, you heard the beep sound. Even if the RAM is OK, but the display does not open then you have to test the motherboard.
- Slow internet.
This problem is usually quite easy to deal with. The problem is in 2 cases, such as internal problems (problems related to your internet equipment) and external (related to your internet service provider).
Solution: 1. Reboot the modem: This solution is exactly the way you would a gadget solution. Sometimes a power fluctuation or overuse of an internet modem can overload it. To get everything back to normal, simply turn off the modem, wait a few minutes, and turn it on again. You have to be good to go in most cases.
2. Turn off any unwanted background software: Sometimes, background processes like software updates or any other program that requires internet can use your data, which slows down your internet. Just by checking your Task Manager, you can see the list of this software and be able to turn them off. Turn off any automatic updates in settings and it will help.
3. Contact your ISP: If none of the above works, you may have an external problem, such as from your ISP. This could be something like a network upgrade, bad weather, wiring fixing, etc. Of course, they will evaluate your internet signal and inform you to take necessary action.
- Computer hangs or displays frozen.
Solution: When your computer hangs or the display freezes, you have no choice to reboot the computer and lose unsaved work. Computer hangs or display freezes can be caused by insufficient RAM, registry conflicts, corrupt or missing files. Press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down, then restart it and start cleaning the system so that it does not hang or display freeze again.
- The software is working irregularly.
Solution: Another common PC problem is when programs and apps start behaving strangely. Maybe they suddenly shut down without notice, or maybe the paperwork in Word appears odd.
There are several reasons why an app may not work properly.
You save your work first, then restart your computer. Restart the app to see if it works as it should now. If the problem persists, search using an online search engine by entering the program name and problem description. Hopefully, others have encountered similar problems, solved them and shared their answers online
It’s also worth checking out the app developer’s website to see if a fix has been published. If there is a forum on the developer’s website, this is a great place to start looking for a solution. Make sure you have the latest updates installed while you are there If that doesn’t work, you may want to contact the app’s support staff for further assistance.
- The software cannot be installed.
Solution: Another common computing problem that many people face is that applications cannot be installed. The main reason is the lack of hard drive space. When your hard drive is full, it may mean that you can no longer install new applications.
First, you can delete any large files that you no longer need. Open File Explorer and then navigate to your Downloads folder This folder often contains a lot of large files that you no longer need, so delete any large files from there.
You can free up your hard drive by uninstalling programs you no longer use. Type “uninstall” in the search box of the taskbar (this is the bar that runs in Windows 10 at the bottom of your screen), then click ‘Add or Remove Programs. Scroll down the list of programs that appear, and click on the one you no longer need. A button will appear saying ‘Uninstall’. Click it to remove the program from your PC.
You can use Disk Cleanup to clean your hard drive. Again, in the search box of the taskbar, type “disk cleanup” and then press Enter on your keyboard. From the window that appears, select the drive you want to clean. By default, this will be the C: drive, where Windows and most programs will be installed. Click ‘OK’ to scan your drive and find files that you can safely delete to free up disk space. From the window that appears you can see how much space you can save on your hard drive. Tick the box next to each file you want to remove, then click ‘OK’.
(Note: RAM – Random Access Memory.
AGP – Accelerated Graphics Port.
ISP – Internet Service Provider.)